Monday 22 March 2010

Pumpkin Head

So its been quite a while since my last post, I shall admit it now, i'm lazy. But I would have posted last night if it wasn't for my head turning into what my mother called "a pumpkin head". I've got a virus which is now causing me to have an allergic reaction to my own body. Or something along those lines; Lovely. Moving on; I spent the weekend at my friends house, and whilst i'm normally not one for wearing trousers - i have extremely short legs- I did like the Harem pants she bought. So i put an outfit together for her and took some pictures for you all. Don't say i never give you anything.....

I like the baggy style of the trousers and ideally i would team them up with a leotard, but i like the relaxed feel this baggy vest gives the look too. I kept the colors neutral with baby pinks and nudes to avoid making the outfit too work orientated. 









The small hints of gold in the jewelery tie everything together. None of the accessories were bought as matching items, which just shows how you can use anything for this look. I used the accessories to dress up this look as it could be too plain without them. 

My friend is also going on a cruise this summer, and kindly modeled these gorgeous photos for me. These dresses are easy to wear; light and cool; and will be so in this summer. Again, like all outfits, the key is the accessories. But you could wear these outfits ANYWHERE. 



This dress is from Top Shop and also comes in Lilac. Its £45; and whilst it may seem expensive; its so worth it! 




I love this maxi dress from New Look; there is also a similar one in Republic in a salmon colour.
They're going really cheap at the moment ranging from £25 to £30. 
This is a must buy! :)

Thats all for now, Gotta go get some more Piriton. 
Emily. x 




2 comments:

  1. You're not a pumpkin head honey :)

    Loving all the accessories in the first outfit, they work really well :D
    Also, I like the dresses at the bottom, T looks lovely :)

    Piriton is the best! I've been taking it since I was like five :P
    Hope you get better soon honey, I miss our talks :/ xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Emily, thanks so much for your comment, it's so lovely of you!
    I really like your blog too, the pictures are really nice and I love all the accessorising and the outfit. I'm exactly the same with trousers, I have the SHORTEST, STUBBIEST legs ever. I'm trying to look for some high-waisted trousers to give the illusion that they're longer.. Still looking.

    I love all the nude colours for S/S '10 and that dress from Topshop is so lovely!
    Anyway, gonna finish this loooong comment; loving the blog and def keep it up, post some more please! :) X

    ReplyDelete